Saturday 15 September 2018

A New Place to Walk

I felt the need for some 
‘away from it all time’, so went to investigate a local public footpath whose sign I spotted when I drove by the other day. It’s so easy to miss from the road, probably why I have never noticed it before despite having driven past that way many, many times!

I was exploring the area north of the Byfleet Electricity Switching Station, in between the Wey Navigation and the River Wey. It all felt very rural, starting by a field full of corn on the cob, then out into open fields with pylons and sheep, cows and goats. I love the fact that I can be somewhere so countrified within very short drive from my house. Will definitely go back for another walk, or maybe a cycle – it’s about time I got back on that bike!

























The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence!















New Haw Lock



No comments:

Post a Comment