Tuesday 18 September 2018

Pre-Talk Walk

I was due to lecture at Parkwood Camera Club last night, and as it was such a beautiful day I decided to drive to Kent earlier in the day, thus avoiding the worst of the traffic, and to have a sunny walk in the countryside. Looked on GoogleMaps to see what was in the area near the club, or at least on the way there, and discovered Blue Bell Hill close by. It sounded interesting and a pleasant place for a walk, although apparently quite haunted as well. Here are a couple of interesting links about the place: http://www.unofficialbritain.com/medway_megaliths/ and https://exemplore.com/paranormal/The-Ghost-Of-Blue-Bell-Hill. Fortunately I didn't have any sort of supernatural experience while I was there....
















Fascinating wrinkled bark, reminded me of stockings falling down.

I do like the concept of the Dog Poo Fairy!

Found this dedication on a bench very touching.

Memorial for the air ambulance crash victims from 1998.
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/kent-air-ambulance-tragedy-remembered-on-20th-anniversary-186905/



I might not be able to go barefoot outdoors many more times this year :(

Lovely temperatures quite late into the evening.

Not sure what was going on here - the woman and her little boy were in the driver's seat, the man perched on the car bonnet. They arrived together, but when she drove off the man was not in the car, and I don't know where he went....

Watching the sun disappear behind the hillside.


No comments:

Post a Comment