Sunday 21 October 2018

Clandon Park, Part 4

I continued exploring the grounds, to see what else I could find.






The Grotto. 









The Cypress Avenue, sans cypresses. 



The Lime Walk. 





The church of St. Peter and St. Paul. 











Gorgeous autumnal flower displays in the church porch.











Autumn crocuses. 

The Dutch Garden, then and now. 











I sat for quite a long time on the white bench at the end, soaking up the sun and the peaceful atmosphere of the garden. Sheltered from the breeze and extremely warm, it was hard to tear myself away.











Not a very good photo, as I couldn’t focus close enough, but there were lots of ladybirds zipping around and many of them landed on me for short periods. They were very tickly on bare skin!





It was now mid-afternoon and well past lunchtime, and I was hungry so visited the cafe at the local garden centre for a toasted cheese sandwich. A very pleasant end to a really enjoyable and interesting visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment