Saturday 20 October 2018

Lunch with Diane

Today I drove over to my aunt Diane’s for some lunch, and to collect my birthday present from her. As it was such a beautiful day, she suggested that we go out for walk, and we headed off through the quiet streets of Farncombe towards Broadwater Park.


A basket full of  bears. 

I appreciated the symmetry of Diane’s fruit bowl!

Beautiful blue sky and autumnal trees.



Fungus growing by a wall adjoining the pavement.

Diane in Broadwater Park. Unfortunately I didn’t notice at the time her eyes were closed in this photo!



Leaves that looked like Angel wings.

Okaaaaaay...

Shadow aunt and niece. 

Carved wood sculpture.

Diane at one of the lakes, watching the ducks and coots. 









More autumn colour.

While we were there, this father and son landed a massive trout that the boy reckoned was at least 20lb. He kindly let me see it before he released back into the lake.



Large and fat Yew berries. 

Tranquility. 

Sweet chestnut casing. 

Fungi. 





There were some interesting textures on this fallen tree.



I counted the rings, this tree was about 65 years old.



I loved the way the hedge had been cut around this sign – it doesn’t really show here but it was quite deeply embedded!

Church reflections.

Farncombe. 

Diane and me reflected in an interesting wall panel in one of the local charity shops.

Charity shop mannequins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment