Friday 5 October 2018

Woodchester Mansion, Part 2

Volunteers were running guided tours, and I arrived at the right time to join one, but I am not a huge fan of tours especially when I want to be taking photographs. It is simply not possible to stand listening and looking interested and to take the pictures that I want at the same time. It would also have meant that there would have been people in the way, so by wandering around alone I was able to keep others out of my photos. Admittedly there were not many people there, it being very much end of season, so the timing suited me perfectly.














Hard hats for construction workers on the site.



This is where zoom lens would have been handy, to better capture the gargoyle in the laundry.



Firewood and kindling in the laundry.



















The worn brick scullery floor.



The kitchen.











Old graffiti.




Woodchester Manor, Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment