Monday 21 June 2010

Father's Day


Headed over to Dad and Susan's on Sunday for lunch, day didn't start very promising weather-wise but did brighten up so it was really sunny when I arrived.  We had champagne on the patio and Dad opened his presents (a B&W self portrait of me and the "Top Gear Alternative Highway Code"), and then at lunchtime we sat in the garden in-between each of the three courses to make the most of the sun!

Dad (who is actually awake, he just happened to blink)
and my "Little" Brother Alistair

Dad, Alistair, Susan and Archie


I had to get my feet in there somewhere!


Archie leaping at reflected sparkles on the wall


That's worn her out (for about ten seconds)


Testing to see how close my LX3 would go


"Drat, I appear to have drunk my champers"



Blokes in Shades




Alistair by the new pond


Dad "resting" in-between lunch courses





Family portrait





Susan trying to photograph Archie (it's very hard,
the latter is rarely still for more than a nanosecond)

My "Little" brother's ENORMOUS feet next to mine






Alistair's three guitars and amp










Alistair showing me how fab games look on the PS3
(and they do, and I want one)

The dog finally zonks out .....


.... but not for long!


Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

  1. I really felt I was there! Thanks for the lovely family photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you believe? My word verification was "unsperm"! To say the mind boggled would be an understatement...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and the next one was "outshi" - only one letter missing, and the mind would have boggled yet again. Have the word verification blokes got it in for me? :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mind boggling indeed! Whatever next?

    Glad you liked the photos, it was a lovely day :) xx

    ReplyDelete