Tuesday 13 November 2018

Sunbury Antiques Fair Part 1

I had been meaning to visit the Sunbury Antiques Fair at Kempton Park Racetrack for a long time, and today I finally got around to it. The day was cold but bright, the sky a beautiful blue, and I thoroughly enjoyed wandering around as there were so many fascinating objects to photograph. If I could catch the eye of the stall holder I made a point of asking them if they minded me taking photos, and none did, although one looked rather put out that I didn't want to buy the painting we had talked about. He saw me looking (with a view to taking a photo naturally) and started telling me about it, and I asked some polite questions in return, which obviously made him think I was a potential purchaser. He scowled and walked off when I said I was only here to take photos - oh dear......

I photographed lots of antique dolls and toys, some of which will feature in my artwork at a later date, so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment