Saturday 10 November 2018

WW1 Commemoration at Guildford Cathedral

I have always been very interested in WW1, so when I found out that Team Skirmish were going to be taking part in the 100 year commemoration event at Guildford Cathedral I went along.

There were a couple of the same men I had met in the summer, and others too, with different objects laid out for examination, so I spent quite a while chatting with them and taking photos.

Then went off to watch some young army cadets abseiling down from the top of the cathedral, before going inside to have a look around as I'd never been before. Was quite hungry at this point so went into the cafe for a toasted sandwich, during which time it came on to pour with rain, so I timed that quite well :-)












Abseiling from the cathedral - rather them than me.






Guildford Cathedral interior










I loved this original newspaper from Armistice Day.










French map which was used in the trenches.




Lethal shrapnel
















Shrapnel and shell shot






Some of the older types of gas mask/respirator








Waiting for the rain to stop.




Team Skirmish members.




No comments:

Post a Comment