Saturday 8 May 2010

Potters Manor House Part 1



Visited this secret location with Mark, a beautiful and magnificent house that has been abandoned for some considerable time. Used three different cameras: my Nikon D700 with mainly my 14-24 f2.8, but also the 24-70 f2.8 for a few shots; my LX3, set permanently to 1:1 aspect ratio and dynamic B&W setting; Mark's Holga, with a roll of Ilford XP2 Super 120 film (so will have to wait with bated breath to see those results later in the week!)

There will be more photos to come over the next few days.  You can also view more on my Flickr stream.












































































Bookmark and Share

6 comments:

  1. Not sure how you get into these places, but I am glad that you do!

    I like the idea of the people who left the place drinking Liebfraumilch and Vodka on their last night.

    Party time!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great, as always. (I'm all out of new adjectives today) Getting more into how the square format works (really pulls the composition together):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing set of impressive images, well seen!!

    have a nice week,

    Vinc

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Andy: there are ways and means to research these places on the web - just type "urbex" into Google and see what you get!

    @Cat: thanks for your feedback, and yes, I think square really is my favourite favourite format :)

    @Vinc: nice to see you here, and thanks for your appreciation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where abouts is this place? Would love to visit itgreat images!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos, maybe you should have taken some of the house.

    ReplyDelete